Saturday, August 11, 2007

Me wanting Linda Chung in DOL

If you have seen the "Drive of Life," you will know that Wing Sau Fung is CBC (Chinese born Canadian), and Wah Ching Ling went to school in Canada.

When I saw episode 20, Charmaine asked why her mom was in jail, and kept on yelling she was innocent in English (A Charmaine fan I may be, but her English is horrible...). Why, Wing Sau Fung, do you have such bad English? You may say she lived in Hong Kong for a long time, but that's no excuse!
  • You were born and raised in Canada! I wasn't born in Canada (though raised) and my English is better than yours. Sau Fung should have flawless English if she lived her whole life here (before 1993 ish, that is).
That suddenly made me think of a Heart of Greed episode I had watched. Linda was trying to sell her stuff that her brother left behind in his shop, and she was yelling for people to buy them in English. Her English was perfect! (Well, of course, she was raised in Vancouver...not so sure about being born here though..) Made me think...maybe Linda could have played Wing Sau Fung?

After thinking that...I slapped myself. Wing Sau Fung is 24-36(?) years old throughout the "Drive of Life." No way Linda could play that old; her voice is another matter.

Dun dun dun...Linda could have played Wah Ching Ling! Her English is better than Toby's, and her acting is so much better too. Unfortunately, not everyone's father is a top TVB producer (I think he's a producer...or was he an executive?).

Could have been...but didn't. At least Linda was awesome in "Heart of Greed"...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahaha.. i agree.. Linda was born in Canada.. wasnt she?? and yes.. Toby's acting was just.. XP she was the reason why i quit DOL

Serena said...

Toby's just...argh, but you can't quit DOL! I just skip over the Toby parts.

Yes, Linda was born in Canada (Vancouver, actually!YAY VANCOUVER PRIDE!) =D

Anonymous said...

Aha.. yes.. or Canada pride.. =D

yes.. hate Toby.. XP evn my WHOLE family COMPLAINED wen seeing her on TV

Serena said...

Well, they're showing Man in Pain here in Vancouver, and my mom complains about Toby too (she keeps on saying how good Damien is though xD).

Anonymous said...

Ahaha my mom too Lol.. my mom luvs watching Damien.. yea.. here the TV is broadcasting Men In Pain too.. Fairchild TV rite?? =D

Serena said...

Fairchild's the only TV channel that broadcasts TVB serials. I can't wait for the 23rd though; Dance of Passion is airing =D

Anonymous said...

yea! Dance Of Passion ishi awesomoi! LOL

Serena said...

I can't wait! But they're showing Love Guaranteed after Heroes. I was rooting for Maiden's Vow to be aired. T_T