Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Drive of Life thoughts

I just finished watching episode 30; half the series is done already. Time goes by soo fast. So much has happened, but the drama has just started! I can't wait to see Sau Fung seeking revenge against the Wah family.

Here are some thoughts on the main characters:

Wah Zhen Pong
I really liked how Zhen Pong went from a 'yi sai jo' to this really mature guy (Not to mention the change of hairstyle! No offence, but I like it straight better. Ray looked like a baby with curly hair). His ways of proposing to Sau Fung are rather interesting. For one, no ring! The second time he proposed was odd too. He kept on trying to kiss her, in public.

Wing Sau Fung
There were little scenes of her since I last wrote my thoughts. In episode 29, she proved to Zhen Pong that Bing Yi was 'um luen gun' (crushing on) him. It's so true though. I felt so bad for Bing Yi; she seemed so down, and it was her birthday! Anyway, on to episode 30. Her romantic scenes with Zhen Pong were awesome, except I don't think they should have played the subtheme during those moments. Such a sad song for a happy moment!

What I really enjoyed was the last scene. After Ms. Wah's confession, the camera zoomed into Sau Fung's face, and you can see confusion, shock and anger written all over her face. Good acting, Charmaine!

Ngai Tin Hang
Not much to say about him, except the constant urge to slap him. Am I suppose to sympathize with him later on in the series?

The other characters...I really don't have much to say. Fung Pong forever! (Even though they're going to split up soon...maybe next episode?)

My favourite scenes:
  1. Bing Yi's birthday. Bing Yi was so excited to have a one-on-one dinner with Zhen Pong, then Sau Fung shows up with the cake. You could see how Bing Yi's expression turns from happiness, to shock and finally to sadness. It was a really cruel trick, in my opinion. Tsk tsk, Sau Fung!

  2. The last scene. Just those few seconds of Sau Fung's face tells it all. As I said before, excellent acting by Charmaine! Powerful scene without words.
Peace v^^

No comments: